Open Post: Project Assistant for Operations 2012-01-20
Written by Pathways Philippines in Estudyante Blues | Back to Blog List
Pathways identifies deserving but financially underprivileged public high school students and equips them with the necessary academic and soft skills to enter and complete college. Pathways forms these young Filipino into leaders who will serve their country and transform the nation— and they are called Trailblazers.
Trailblazers are the public high school and college students, the Ateneo college students, and some professionals who volunteer to teach and form them.
In order for Pathways to grow while continuously implementing quality programs, it is necessary for at least one of its staff members to: (1) assist the Project Officers with their duties; (2) be exposed to the different activities and aspects of the programs; (3) get to know the participants, parents, and partners; and (4) be trained as a project officer after being assessed and found ready.
- Assist the project officers with data gathering: Conduct surveys, interviews, focused group discussions, etc.
- Properly encode information and update records of students, parents and volunteers
- Manage the Pathways Volunteer Database
- Be in charge of the college application component of the program:
- Coordinate with partner colleges and universities regarding college application and scholarship requirements, entrance exam dates, etc.
- Communicate accurate and timely information to the project officers and/or directly to the participants
- Assist the project officers in the planning and implementation of program interventions:
- Coordinate with students, volunteers, and partners to gather data or disseminate information
- Take charge of all logistical concerns to ensure the smooth conduct of workshops, seminars, trainings, etc.
- Ensure proper documentation of all events and activities
- Give inputs (observations, feedback, and assessment) with regards to how interventions can be improved
- Follow proper code of ethics, accountability, and responsibility expected of any Pathways staff member
- Perform other functions identified as necessary from time to time
- Must be skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and basic computer operation (email and internet)
- Must be able to document Pathways activities through photographs, video and written means
- Must be a college graduate, preferably in the fields of Education, Social Work, Psychology or other Behavioral Sciences
- Must be 23 years of age or above
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Filipino
- Must be able to work in groups and lead them as well but must be able to work on his own too
- Must be a systematic and effective worker who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate ideas and relate well with different people (high school, college-aged students, school officials, etc)
- Must be creative, critical, and open to new ideas
- Must be willing to learn on the job
- Must believe in working for significant and lasting education reform in the country
- Must believe in the Pathways Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Must be willing to work long hours if needed and on weekends, holidays if there are scheduled activities or events
If interested, please email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Back to Blog List